Sunday, March 13, 2011

It starts

My name is Jo, I am 47 years old. My life at this point is – well –insane. I am running a business, my kids have grown but not flown, I have been married for 25 years and we all live together in a small house with a backyard so narrow that if you trip out the back door you will literally smack your face on the fence!
One of my oldest friends (Barb) is an artist, one day last year I was looking at one of her paintings – as I always do when I go there - and I said for the hundredth time that I wanted to paint and she replied for the hundredth time, well I’ll show you if you want to learn. And so at the busiest time in my life, when I simply don’t have a minute to spare, I picked up the brush.
I have a long winded explanation on what happened next but I’ll save you the details and go to the good bit. We’ve made some ebooks. I pick a subject, Barb shows me how to paint it. She tells me what to do and I tell you what happens when you don’t do as you’re told. I never was very good at instruction! I should call my half – How NOT to Oil paint, but the good thing is, even though I am hopeless and Barb rolls her eyes at me a lot, my paintings still come out alright.
So I am going to blog and write and Barb is going to instruct me and with a little luck and alot of patience on Barb's behalf in no time flat I'll be able to oil paint like a pro!
We have made the first ebook - How to oil paint Frangipanis - a simple montage of Frangipani flowers with a soft blurry background. Frangipanis are easy and popular and I had 2 people trying to claim mine before I was half way finished.
12 page ebook on how to oil paint frangipani flowers
We have quite a few ebooks to choose from, but this one is the introductory, 12 pages, paypal site, $2.85. link straight to download how easy is that?
PS if you're brave enough to give it a go, let us know how you went, and we want feed back, we won't nag you, but we'd love to hear from you, where are you from, what inspired you to try oil painting? Were these instructions helpful?
Cheers
Jo M

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely buy one or more of those ebooks. They sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow we'll be working on our new ebook on the Australian outback. We've painted in one chook so the next ones should be easy! Hope you've done your homework and finished the gum tree.

    ReplyDelete